Call 2 Greatness – 2010
The inspiration of Carolyn Managh, Call to Greatness aimed to provide a ‘cool’ and socially responsible activity for young Australians while inspiring donations from young people to support youth-orientated charities including Father Chris Riley’s Youth off the Streets, KidsXpress, Musicians Making a Difference and ReachOut.com.
Carolyn had engaged the support of senior personnel from the Royal Australian Navy’s HMAS Waterhen in Sydney. In what Officers referred to as ‘Mission Creep’, Insight took the relationship one step further inviting HMAS Waterhen to host the launch of the national campaign on the deck of HMAS Gascoyne.
Featuring 100 Naval personnel, celebrities and high school students, from this one media event Insight generated 44 media pieces and Call to Greatness inspired Australian young people to donate a total of $50K to help peers in need.
- To generate widespread awareness of Call To Greatness:
- As an innovative concept
- As a ‘cool’ thing to be involved with
- A socially responsible activity for young Australians
- Generate funds from a youth audience to support four nominated youth charities
- Short lead time (two weeks) conducted by Insight Pro Bono
- Insight had positive media interest to cover the 1 day media event. However, on the eve of the media call held on an Australian Navy ship the Melbourne Storm salary cap scandal broke attracting all media nationally to Melbourne.
- Insight engaged with the Royal Australian Navy and increased support for the media launch event
- Insight developed a total of 12 media releases
- Insight generated 44 media clips nationally
- Call To Greatness raised $50K
CALL TO GREATNESS
I have never been more delighted to work with a PR agency, than with Insight. Insight has the unique ability of rapidly understanding the depth and heart of a brand and then translating that into original, measurable and impactful PR initiatives. To the extent that at one point, Insight acted as representatives for myself and the brand at a key media event, as I was unable to attend due to illness, and the results were seamless and wonderful. They really have become an essential extension of my team and I believe every Brand Marketing Director in Australia would benefit from spending a few hours with Insight. They have transformed my previously quite sceptical views of PR and its contribution to a marketing plan.
Carolyn Managh, Founder Call To Greatness, Former Marketing Director Ninemsn & eBay UK